More Details on Projects:
- Projects Overview
- River Restoration & Protection
- Centerdale Superfund Site
- The Fred Lippitt Woonasquatucket River Greenway
- An Overview of the Greenway
- Woony River Ride
- Bike Routes
- Greenway Map
- Greenway Milestones
- Fred Lippitt and the Greenway Project
- Accomplishments & Plans
- Brownfields Showcase
- Show your support!
- Clean Day on the Greenway
- Merino Park Playground Build
- Red Shed Bike Shop
- River Rangers
- Art in the Watershed
- Water Quality
The 2014 Woony Ride was a success!
We had over 300 participants that helped us raise over $22,000!
It was a beautiful day and our riders had the option of 5, 10, 30, 50, or 62.5 mile rides. They were able to explore the Woonasquatucket River from Providence to bucolic North Smithfield and come full circle after connecting through our sister path, the Blackstone Valley Bike Path.
This year’s party was a great time with food from Julian’s restaurant and music from the Woony Ride All stars. Thanks to all of our generous donors who donated fundraising prizes, food, and drinks!
Listen to Alicia being interviewed on the radio about Woony Ride, by Kristin Lessard from Clear Channel Communications!
Route Map for the Three Longer Rides:
- Red: 62 mile route
- Orange: 50 mile
- Green: 30 mile
- Note: the blue lines are the watershed boundaries (and the state borders)